Tuesday, November 19, 2013

One Year Older and Wiser Too

The count down ends.  She's one!!




Nothing says Happy Birthday like a Garden Gnome Party!  I have no idea why I picked this as a theme.  Something about the red and white just seemed suiting for her.

 Recognize these blocks from the crabitats or perhaps Aiden's construction party?  I'm so happy with my little block decor.  Scrapbook paper and countless hours really go a long way!  PS, no blocks were permanently defaced as I am sure I will use them again!  Like you were really concerned, right?


I opted out on the cake.  Didn't fit the theme:)  We had pumpkin pie and mini apple pies instead.

I made the toadstool out of a $5 table I found at Goodwill.  I thought the kids (and adults too) would get a kick out of taking gnome pictures.  I couldn't get Maddex to wear a beard, but she was nice enough to leave the hat on for 10 seconds at a time.



Don't be surprised when we are all gnomes for Halloween next year.  Or maybe I can even carry it over into Christmas and dress up a snowman like a gnome just so I can caption it "Chillin' with my Gnomie".  They're kind of like elves.  Gnome on a shelf?  Secretly start bearding random objects in the house?  Eh, I guess I need to let go.  Could it be that I'm hanging on to my LAST baby and her LAST first birthday?   
   Possibly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment