Tuesday, November 5, 2013

This is Halloween


I wanted to squeeze in Halloween pictures before I get too far behind.  I don't know why, but I was SO OVER Halloween this year.  Probably because we started decorating way too early and I had a haunted house taking over our play room for over 2 weeks.  I constructed this monstrosity for the kids to play in with their friends.  It was a success, but I think even the kids were done with it after a week!  I couldn't wait for Nov.1 to come so I could take that bad boy down!  The kids had more than enough festivities to last them until next year.  We took them to Boo at the Zoo, Trunk or Treat and good old fashioned trick or treating.  We will also be paying it forward today and taking the remainder of our candy to the dentist so they can "ship it to the troops"...I put quotations around that because I'm not 100% convinced that's what they really do with it.  We got enough Easter and Valentine candy to convince me that they are probably stashing it for themselves for next year so they don't have to shell out any money to buy candy.  Cheapskate dentists.  Whether they do or not, I'm still donating.  We're all out of chocolate now anyway.

Boo at the Zoo.  Brian may be the first person ever to be dressed as googly eyes...
And some Halloweeny stuff in between...traumatizing small children, carving pumpkins, spider muffins on Muffin Monday, eating overly frosted sugar cookies.

Accidentally grew pumpkins and squash (that's what happens when you use compost dirt, things just sprout!)




Trunk or Treat


 Hey, if you count Brian's googly eyes, everybody's looking!



Trick or Treat

Here's a video of the 'haunted house' and the kid's most very favorite Halloween song CLICK HERE
and if you want to watch me teasing Aiden again, CLICK HERE

And of course, there's the after Halloween clearance sales for next year too!
Whew, Halloween's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment