Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Three

This was a big weekend.  Riley turned three on Saturday!  She asked for a Cinderella party, and that's just what we did.  To start out with there were a few 'chores' before the ball.  1) Mend the clothes.  I pre-made little aprons (out of a sheet for a $1 at a yard sale) and all the girls had to do was sew on the strap, which I had already pinned on.  Considering their age, I thought being able to floor the pedal and watch the machine whiz would be thrill enough.  I also had bandannas for them so they could 'look the part'.  I made Riley the Cinderella rag dress (made from old curtains and a blue pillow case), and even considered doing one for each of the girls...but let's face it, that's a lot of work!  2) Do the laundry.  I just had some hankies for them to 'wash' and hang on the line.  And by wash I mean, I crumbled up clear blue wrapping paper (used for Easter baskets?) and threw in foam fuzzies for suds.  3) Scrub the floor.  When I bought those little fuzzies I thought to myself, this will be their favorite thing, and I think it's safe to say, it was!     

4) Make the cake.  I let them frost and sprinkle their own cupcakes.  I didn't bother to make an actual cake, and honestly I don't think it would have mattered.
And now that all of the chores were done it was time to head over to the Bippity Boppity Boutique to get ready for the ball.  Riley had rummaged through their dress ups and picked out which dresses she wanted for the party.

 And finally, the ball!   I was happy with the way it all turned out and the kids had a great time!  Happy Birthday Riley!
 
On Sunday, Maddex had her blessing.  I should have planned better to get some sweet pictures of her in her dress, but my only excuse is she's number four...and well, I manged to snap this one when we got home.



Maddex also turned three months old yesterday!  It's going by so fast.  She's so sweet and such a good baby.





2 comments:

  1. Bert, these are precious! Wouldn't trade it for anything being there for two such wonderful events! Love you bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few things...1. Cinderella party ideas and execution...beyond beautiful, amazing, perfect and so much fun!! 2. I thought that pic of your dining area/window was a grab from a decorating spot when I first looked...I feel silly, now, but seriously...really, really stunning! You have such a gift!! 3. Speaking of stunning, you in that pic with Maddex. Beautiful, friend! And 4. Miss you lots! Love the beautiful life you are living and giving your kiddos. Ever my inspiration!! : )

    ReplyDelete